So at this moment, these are the things, if they happen, will make 2011 an unbeatable year:
1. Talking - I want Meghan to say more than "up". If she can have like a 15 word vocabulary by the end of the year, I will be totally ecstatic!
2. No Emergency Hospital Stays - We only had one last year which was a total improvement over the previous, but I want to end is ZERO (hospital stays due to testing are not included).
3. Elizabeth Passes First Grade - OK, I'm a hard mom when it comes school. I cried when I graduated college because I was .01 away from top honors! Elizabeth went into Kindergarten at 4, so I know that for at least the first couple years she is at a disadvantage, and will be a little behind her peers. So with LOTS of hard work on both our parts, we WILL pass 1st grade...God willing, PLEASE.
4. No More "Bad News" Neurologist Visits - 2010 and 2009 was full of downer appointments. SO, I am hoping, since we are 2 years into this seizure battle, we can escape negative, heartbreaking news.
If those 4 came true, this year would be the best year I have had in quite a while! OK, so on to my resolutions, which I fully intend to accomplish :)
1. Half Marathon - I ran a 5k on Thanksgiving...loved it. So, technically I have a head start on this, but in May I AM going to run a half! If all goes well, I will end 2011 by running a full Marathon an the beginning of December (I should make the Marathon a resolution, but I would prefer to go above and beyond my resolutions).
2. More Water, Less Martini's - I LOVE my martini's! But I will be 35 this year, so it is time to listen to Tim McGraw's advice (a whole 5 years later) and lay off! Water is my nemesis! I have totally had to make myself drink water. Even when I was pregnant, I would always get lectured how I don't drink enough water. So thank goodness for those little bottle of lemon juice, maybe I can trick myself into thinking I am having a lemon drop...LOL.
3. Patience - I think sometimes I run negative in this area, so I hope to be able to learn how to have more patience (especially with Meghan). I think this will be the hardest of all, but I know that I can do it.
4. Regular Exercise - Well, whether it be a half or a full marathon, this is a must! I do have to admit that I pulled a muscle in my thigh 3 weeks ago, and it is still giving me problems. So bring it treadmill and stair stepper...I will own you!
5. Read A Book A Month - I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading. Yes, I am a book nerd folks. But since kids, reading takes a back seat. I love getting lost in the stories and characters...very therapeutic for me!
6. Less Debt - Matt and I sometimes have that "champagne taste on a beer budget" going on. We like toys, we do. However, we don't go on vacation, so toys are our escape. Two days into the new year, and we are already upside down (do not buy a fish tank on Craigslist folks)
7. Photography - I'm did it!!! I don't know if I am jumping on some sort of band wagon or if I am getting older and I want to capture as much as life, my kids, family, friends, cats...etc. as I can. I purchased my first DSLR!! Thinking back...I don't think I have made a purchase that big for myself (at one time) except for my cars and house. But I am so excited to learn all I can about it. Hey...might even go back to school and take some photography classes (given the chance though, I could be a career college student)! Thank you Erika at Flip Flops & Sippy Cups, your Christmas present pushed me over...LOL. AND...I even plan on doing a little project with it!
8. Take A Bath At Least Once A Week - Before you get all grossed out I shower at least once, even sometimes, twice a day! But there is something so serene and relaxing about a bath. I give baths every night, but at least once a week, I will pull those toys out and soak in some awesome hot, good smelling water!
There it is, put out there for all to see, MY New Years Resolutions! Hold me too them, give me crap if I don't meet them. This is what I want for 2011. I put a lot of thought into them and I will make every attempt to meet them :)
Six months ago I started this blog. It started as an outlet to keep family and friends updated on our lives. But over these last 6 months I have met and read about some amazing, life changing people. I have laughed, cried, prayed, and shared/talked about your blog posts. You all have an impact in my daily life and thank you so much for taking the time to share your lives! Happy New Year Everyone!!!
Random New Years Eve pics....Matt drank a little too lot, so we ended up having some fun thanks to him...LOL
9pm...Just got home from work
E into taking self portraits
Getting too full of herself
1 bottle Yaeger down
I <3 my niece
Meg partied as best she could!
E and Meg dancing to the Kinect
Anna (niece)...no comment
This is what a bottle of Yeager will do folks
Best Hug Ever
Niece and Nanny (my mom)
Posing with the drunk one
He was able to get vertical for a moment
E had a blast
Best family ever. Happy New Years!